June 30, 2019 / Leave a Comment
This is something Tracy made at home on a whim, and 20 minutes later we had an amazing (and low carb!) dessert! It uses only a few ingredients, and tastes like a dessert with a lot more calories than what it is.
For a quick and relatively low-carb dessert that’s ready to go within minutes, you simply can’t beat this easy, sweet treat! There are a surprising amount of things you can do with the concept – including using the ricotta mixture as a pre-made topper to go on top of a previously made cake (something like angel food cake).
We could easily have squared out a small piece of cooked, un-frosted cake, put a scoop of this on top with a slice of the sugared peach, and had a phenomenal finger dessert food! Another thing that we tried that was great was to use the ricotta mixture, combine with a few tablespoons of strawberry compote, and let your taste buds go to work!
Sugared Peaches with Vanilla Ricotta
- 2 large Peaches
- 3 teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 packets Stevia
- Whipped Cream optional
- Slice each large, fresh, ripe peach into 8-12 equal slices by halving and removing pit.
- Plate sliced peaches.
- Sprinkle pinch of granulated sugar over peaches.
- Place sugared peaches in refrigerator to chill.
- While the peaches are chilling, combine ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and stevia into a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place ricotta cheese mixture in the refrigerator, and let chill for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, remove peaches and ricotta cheese mixture.
- Peaches should be used to dip into ricotta mixture.
- Additionally, you can use the ricotta mixture as a cake topper for a non-frosted cake, and top with one sugared peach slice.
- Top each dipped slice with a dollop of whipped cream to really take this to another level!